Cleaning & Maintenance
In order to maintain the look and finish of your floor, it is important to clean and care for it on a regular basis. In order to maximize the durability of your floor we recommend the following as part of your normal care & maintenance:
- Place a doormat outside the exterior entrance to collect excess moisture, sand, grit etc.
- Remember that wood and water do not mix and the increase in the moisture content of your floor will result in the expansion of the wood causing difficulties with its performance. Therefore only ever use a clean damp mop when wiping the floor.
- Some finishes will require a soap free cleaning solution to prevent a build-up of soap film on the surface causing a clouding effect (e.g. Polyurethane finishes) and others might require a soap for oiled floors.
- Blot up spills, or water from wet feet or footwear
- Use protective felt pads under furniture legs and avoid sharp or pointed objects with concentrated weight on one spot.
Floor Care Instructions
Floor Care For Vinyl Floors
Floor Care For Solid Wood Floors
Floor Care For Solid Wood Floors - Oil Finish
Floor Care For Monocoat Oiled Floors
Floor Care For Loba Oiled Natural Floors
Floor Care For Loba Lacquered Floors
Floor Care For Laminate Floors
Floor Care For Bamboo Floors
Do not allow excess liquid to remain on the floor’s surface
Do not use acid-based detergents, abrasives cleaners or “clean and shine products that wax or polish”
Do not use steel wool or other scouring pads that may scratch
Do not steam clean or use chemicals that may damage the floor surface
Recommended floor cleaning agents can be obtained from Eurofloors Knysna. 044-3827876 showroom